Thursday 26 April 2012

Me! Me! Me!

Welcome to Mummy Vision!
To be perfectly honest I am not entirely sure why I have decided to start a blog. I like to read, I like to write, I love my family and I have an opinion as my husband tells me (frequently) on everything!

I am certainly not anything special, I am just your average mum. I walk my 6 year old to school everyday, I attempt to stay on top of the housework, try and establish some sort of system of order in my home. I am up until the wee hours most nights with toilet trips for my 3 year old, my 4 year old often sleeps in our bed as she is scared of monsters and my baby, well he is teething, so need I say more? And after all that when I get a few spare minutes I try and cram in a little bit of study.

Education to me is important, however I am what the legal profession call an "accidental law student". Sure I have always wanted to be a lawyer, barrister, solicitor etc but I think in the beginning it was more because I thought Reece Witherspoon in Legally Blonde was just AWESOME (shoes, just think of the shoes), & I will admit to being a dedicated fan to the television series Ally McBeal (oh what I would give to work in a legal office with a bar underneath).... how a person could be so wrong about the ins and outs of a profession is simply beyond me, however this is clearly a prime example of how television misleads us ALL THE TIME!!! But I have now learned a lot of important things from my degree and I do one day hope to establish a career of some kind, not with the aim so much of making some serious coin ($$$$) but with the aim of assisting people less fortunate them myself.

The most important thing I have learned during my years at law school is that having an opinion is a really powerful thing. To be opinionated is even better (as long as you are respectful). Opinions contrary to popular belief do not hurt anyone. They don't make the world stop, they are what makes the world keep spinning. So this blog is me sharing my opinions on everything. Read if you dare! I make no apologies to those I offend by simply thinking outside the box at times & please feel free to share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment