Wednesday 5 December 2012

Mummy Vision Reinvented! Love, Loss & Life in the Country!

So after what can only be described as ...........
Well it's been a long time between drinks it would seem!
But Mummy Vision is back!
Back for good!
Back with a new vision!
Back with new motivation!
& it all starts right here right now!
So get on board this train!

A lot has happened in my life over the past few months, some good things, some not so good things, but that's all part of the journey, right?

In summary, the best thing to happen to our family is that we moved to the country!!!!
Living the dream people! Living the dream!
The Wimmera region in Victoria is now home for our family and so far we are loving the change of lifestyle. It's quiet, the townspeople are friendly, the school is fantastic and best of all everyone of the 6 members of this family (7 if you include the cat) are happy!! Life is great!

And whilst life in the country has been just the ticket to our happiness, our move coincided with a not so pleasant event of us experiencing our eleventh miscarriage.

Now obviously this is something I have experienced before, however the fact that it is number 11 doesn't make it hurt any less. It's heartbreaking, it's tough and there have been days that I have wanted more than anything to just stay in my nice cozy bed and not get out and face the day. But with four other children, that is something that is not possible. I mean, who is going to make breakfast, let's be honest!
So I get up, I do what I am supposed to do as a mother but inside it really hurts.

In the past, I have lost friends because of my miscarriages, people in my experience either seem to think that it's nothing, no big deal, what's the drama? etc or they suddenly become aliens incapable of having a normal conversation with you as they simply don't know what to say. Dealing with either of these things can be frustrating to the point where you want to beat people about the head, but let's be honest that is never going to solve the problem.

What would solve the problem is if people showed a little respect!

So why am I sharing this info?
I am sharing this so that people who read this that have a wife, a sister, a mother or friend or family member who are going through or who have experienced this are aware, that it doesn't help to be a stranger! It doesn't help you show no respect! So be respectful, show some love and be supportive! Miscarriage is something that you never get over, it never leaves you, it stays a part of you for life, but it is possible to come out the other side of the experience and have a positive attitude on life and to be happy!

I honestly believe that I am a stronger person because of what I have been through on my journey to create my family. I have learnt so much about myself and how strong I am as a person. Hell, after this I can really do anything & I truly believe that! Sometimes all you have to do to be happy is think outside the box a little and be willing to let happiness find you.

Moving right a-long!
So, my new vision for Mummy Vision is to get back to the basics of what being a mum with an opinion is about and that of course is discussing the issues that face us daily and debating them in a healthy manner. I think we as individuals can learn a lot not only from the experiences of others but from the opinions and views of others.

So, stay tuned for the "issue of the day" coming to you daily on both the blog and the Mummy Vision Facebook page!!!

Have your say! Get your opinion off your chest and maybe learn something by reading the views of others!!!

Enjoy life Mummy Vision followers as it is the most precious gift we are ever given!



No comments:

Post a Comment